External training records can be matched to an existing course in your catalogue, allowing the continuation of ongoing learning using workflows if you are migrating to Form or simply have an external record.
Role required: Site admin, Admin
Triggering workflows using external training records
- Go to People → Workflows.
- Click Create workflow.
- Give the workflow a name and description.
- Select who the workflow will trigger for i.e - Organisation units or Groups.
- Select the course you would like the users to complete to trigger the workflow. Here you will see if any of the courses are matched to external training records.
- To see which external training records are matched to the course click Advanced search.
- Here you will see a table of the course in form and the names of the external training records that are matched to the course.
- Anyone who has completed an external training record that is matched to an existing course will be assigned to this workflow (assuming they match the criteria).
- Moving on with the form, select how long after completion you would like the workflow to trigger.
Note: If the external records completion date sits outside of the enrolment interval, the workflow will not trigger an enrolment. Check this guide Workflows (Automatic Re-enrolments) for more information on enrolment intervals.
- Then select the course the users will enrolled to when the workflow triggers.
- Select Create.
- Any user that matches the criteria of the workflow and is given an external training record that matches the course required for completion, will be assigned to the workflow.