Create custom fields for your workspace user profiles to gather information e.g. Job Title, payroll number etc. Make a field mandatory if you require your users to enter certain information. You can create a maximum of 10 custom user fields.
Role required: Site admin, Admin
Add a new Custom user field
- To create a new user field, go to Setup > Workspaces
- Search for and edit the target Workspace
- Click the User fields menu
- Click Add field
- Type the name of the new field, then choose from the following formats:
- Text Only
- Some fields allow for Minimum/Maximum characters
- Help text can be added to explain the field in more detail
- Clicking in the checkbox to the left of User must provide information makes the field mandatory, if set, this will enforce the rule for all existing learners, as well.
Once a field has been created, you can also select the field as mandatory from the User fields menu.
Existing users will be directed to the user information page and will not be able to navigate away from it until they have updated the new mandatory information.