The report builder is a report creation tool that allows for a variety of data to be pulled from all areas of the application.
Required role: Site admin, Admin
Creating a report
- To start building a report go to Reports > Reports, and select Create report.
- Name: What you would like to name this report.
- Description: If someone was to look at the information that would be found in this report - i.e. Who has completed their GDPR training.
- Reporting area: Select the type of report you need.
- Select columns: Select the data you need in your report, where each column is a separate data field, e.g. learner name, learner email, course name, enrolment date, completion date
- Arranging columns: The selected columns will appear on the right-hand side of the page, where the top of the list will be the first to appear on the report, and the bottom of the list is the last column to appear report.
- Applying filters: Filters can be applied to the report to return data for a specific person, course, date etc.
- Text filters: If the data type is text related, you can either filter through the exact text by selecting Equals under Filter type, or, filter through data that contains a text value by selecting Contains. Type the text you wish to filter by in the Value text field.
- Date filters: If the data type is date related, you can filter through an exact date by selecting Equals under Filter type, or, filter through a date that is after or before a selected date by selecting Greater than or Lower than, or, filter between a set of dates by selecting Between. Once the filter type is selected, select the date or dates using the date picker, then click 'Confirm'.
- Click Create and run
Schedule the report
There is an option to schedule the report either in daily intervals, weekly or monthly. To do this click the 3 dot menu next to Run now button, and click Edit Schedule. You then will be presented with a list of options.
- Selecting Daily interval will schedule the report to run at defined intervals e.g. selecting 3 days will run the report every 3 days.
- Selecting Weekly on allows you to select a specified day of the week to run the report e.g. selecting 'Tuesday' will run the report every Tuesday.
- Selecting Monthly on allows you to select a specific date of the month to run the report e.g. selecting '5' will run the report every 5th of the Month - or select The last day of the month to run the report on final day of the month.
- Schedule reports from - until: There is the option to select when to start running the reports and when to finish running the reports. Select the date you wish to start running the report by using the date picker under Generate reports starting from, then select the date you wish to finish running the report by using the date picker under Generate reports until.
- Mailing list: Choose who you want to get an email regarding this report. You also get an option to edit the email notification people will receive by clicking the Eye icon.
- Save schedule: Once the report has been configured select Save schedule to save the time schedule you have created. Above this, there is also an option to send this to recipients after creating the schedule.