Auto-enrolments are used to enrol users on a course, or set of courses, based on their Organisation Unit or Group.
When a new or existing learner is added to, or moved into any Organisation Unit or Group with an auto-enrolment rule set up, they will be immediately enrolled on the courses assigned to that Organisation Unit/Group and will see them on their My courses list on next log in.
Role required: Site admin, Admin
- Assigning an auto-enrolment to a target audience: Go to People → Auto-enrolments and click Create auto-enrolment.
- Enter a name: Give the auto-enrolment a name by typing in to the Name box. This will help you to identify the rule later.
- Enter a description: A description can be entered to give other administrators more information on the auto-enrolment rule. This will not be displayed in the table of auto-enrolments.
- Select Type: Do you want the auto-enrolment to be based on a Organisation unit or a Group?
- Select Target Audience: The target audience is the sub-section of the type you want to automatically enrol. Use the checkbox to choose them. Several Units/Groups can be selected.
- Select courses: Choose the course/s you wish to add to the auto-enrolment, by searching and selecting in the Courses box. You can also search for and add a list of courses by clicking Advanced search.
- On save, run on the selected target audience: Usually an auto-enrolment rule would be set up prior to placing any users in the target audience, however if you do already have users in the Organisation Unit/Group you can simply tick the checkbox and it will enrol them as well.
Note: users who are In progress or who have already completed those courses will not be re-enrolled.
- Inactivate: To make sure the auto-enrolment runs, set the status toggle to Active.
- Create auto-enrolment: Scroll back to the top of the page and click Create once you are happy with what's been selected. All the users that have been chosen in your selection will now be automatically enrolled to the courses defined by the auto-enrol rule.
Editing an auto-enrolment
If you wish to edit an auto-enrolment, you can do so by the following steps:
- Auto-enrolment table: Click either Organisation Units or Groups tabs that sit below the page title, as this is how you chose to filter the enrolment. You can search each individually in the search box and via the filter button.
- Edit an auto-enrolment: Click Edit button on the rule you wish to change.
- Change target audience: Change the target audience by using the select or search box or remove them by de-selecting organisation units or click the "X" icon by a group.
- Remove a course: Selected courses will appear above the Courses box. Click the "X" icon to remove the course.
- Stop auto-enrolment: Set the status toggle to inactive to prevent the rule from running on the target audience.
Deleting an Auto-enrolment
To delete an auto-enrolment you have created, simply click the 3 dot button → Archive. This will remove it from being seen in the auto-enrolments page.