Organisation units are hierarchical structures within the workspace, where users can be assigned and grouped.
It allows for a useful number of functions, such as running reports and assigning courses just to specific areas of your organisation.
For example, a workspace can be split between multiple departments, and within each department you can have multiple teams.
Role required: Site admin, Admin
Watch this short video explainer:
Creating a new organisation unit
- To create a new organisation unit, go to People > Organisation units.
- Unit name: Provide the name of the first organisation unit in the Name field and click Save unit.
- Levels: An organisation unit can be given additional levels. To add another level, click +2nd level, and an additional organisation unit box will appear underneath, enter a name and click save to add the unit. You can then add further levels following the same instruction.
- New top-level unit: To add a new top-level unit click +Add unit. This will begin a new top-level structure.
- Changing level: You can change a unit's level by dragging it over the top of another unit that you want it to sit under.
- Order of Units: Units are automatically placed in alphabetical order to make them easy to find.